Blog Post 5

  1.  Throughout using twitter in this class, I have mostly been interacting with the education accounts I follow and looking at what my peers have posted as well. I have found using twitter useful because it gives me news that I feel like I would not necessarily find out on any other platforms. It is also easy to use and functional so I find it better than other social media platforms and websites. In my future career I think twitter might be useful because you can talk to other teachers and educators without giving out personal information and it is just a good tool to have in general. 
  2. Digital divide affects students success in school because they might not get the same opportunities as others. If they don't know how to use it or don't have access to technology it can be hard to keep up in school or try to get ahead. Some causes of digital divide can be the fact that some kids don't have the resources or money to be able to afford certain technology needed for school. This could affect my teaching strategies because the need for technology in the classroom is only going up so if a student does not have access to it, it can be hard for me to keep them together with the class and find other ways for them to be in the same playing field as the rest of the class without that technology.
  3. Two academic software's I would want to implement in my classroom would be quizlet and abcmouse. Quizlet is a good study tool to use and it can be used inside and outside the classroom. Abcmouse is a website that has educational games that can also be used inside and outside the classroom. These are both good ways to keep students engaged and wanting to learn and if they do not understand a certain topic they can use these to help them. I think both of these are very beneficial websites to use in a classroom. 

Comments

Popular Posts