Blog Post 1

 My name is Jaleha Lockwood and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I want to become a kindergarten teacher and somewhere hopefully outside of Tallahassee. I have lived in Tallahassee my whole life and I have always wanted to travel outside of the country. I was in an Early Childhood program all four year of high school as well as working in a afterschool program at an elementary school for two years, which really helped me figure out what I wanted to major in.

I do not have much experience of using technology in an educational setting considering the kids that I worked with where too young to be able to be on tablets or computers. The only real experience I have would be putting on shows for them to watch on movie days or putting on dance videos. I am not sure if those count but they used technology. I hope that I will be able to gain more experience of using technology in an educational setting throughout this semester in class.

What I consider my personal learning networks would be my older siblings, my mom, my peers, teachers and professors, as well as my advisors in C.A.R.E. They all helped me learn new techniques and get me through the hard parts of school and life. I learned valuable lessons from all of them and continue too. Social media also has a big factor because I learn about topics going on in the country and certain tools I could use to help me throughout my academic career. Sparknotes and quizlet also play a big role as they do help me study and remember certain things I might have forgotten.

Comments

Popular Posts